Information for students

Congratulations! You are finally making the transition to a research university, university of applied sciences or upper secondary vocational education institution. However, what should you do if you need extra support?

Reasons for support needs

Students may need support for a wide variety of reasons, such as disabilities, chronic illnesses, mental health issues, pregnancy, young parenthood, gender reassignment treatment or informal care responsibilities.

I am a current or prospective student at a higher education institution

If you know that you will require extra support during your studies, it is highly advisable to investigate the available opportunities and facilities in advance. What are your rights and who do you need to speak to at your new research university or university of applied sciences?

Key moments during your study

Choosing a programme, enrolment, introduction and induction, payment of tuition fees and work placements (among other things) are all key moments of your academic career. At vital stages such as these, your need for extra support, tools or facilities may well be particularly high. How do you ensure the support you need is available to you?

Information from your own research university or university of applied sciences

Every research university and university of applied sciences has a designated contact person responsible for students’ with special needs. You can contact this person if you have any questions or require additional information.

I’am studying or going to study on a VET college

At the moment we are working on a new website for (future) VET students. It is expected to be online in the spring of 2020. For more information about studying with special needs in VET, you can contact the following organisations: